Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Why #3 takes so long getting ready!

My beauty routine is probably the longest out of all my sisters. I have to get up an hour before we need to leave to get ready in time and even earlier if I take a shower. I can get ready faster but I just prefer not too. Haha.

So we will start things off with my HAIR routine ( you know, it's like fur only not) : I have thick, coarse, wavyish, color treated hair! You probably wouldn't think it's very thick now because it's been thinned out and has so many layers now but you'll just have to trust me on this one! I usually use "Color Me Happy" shampoo and conditioner from Herbal Essence but my hair has been dyed a lot this summer so I tried Pantene Pro V "Brunette Expressions" to make it healthier and I think it's helped a lot! I've also been using Herbal Essences "Split End Repair" before I blow dry my hair just to protect and help heal my hair. I only wash my hair about every 4 days which I know grosses tons of people out, but with my hair being dyed it helps the color stay longer, and plus I don't NEED to wash it more often, and it stays healthier this way! And anyways you would have never guessed unless I told you so there! Heehee. I pretty much always blow dry my hair and then flat iron it because I have frizzy, wavy, and poofy hair if I don't. I have a Remington flat iron I got from Ross for like $12 and I love it! It works so well! It actually works better than really expensive flat irons i've tried. After I flat iron it I tease my hair. Yes I tease it. I use a gargantuan amount of "Got2b Glued" hairspray religiously and I think it's called "Special Effects Molding Wax"(?) after that to dirty my hair up if it's just been washed. And on days my hair is on the edge of looking a lil nasty I use dry shampoo. It's a life saver! I use TRESsemme dry shampoo because I'm poor. Haha. Most everything I use is pretty cheap. So that's about it with hair. I pretty much just straighten everyday and wear it down. Nothing special. I wish I was brave enough to try more up-dos and braided hairstyles. I usually don't feel comfortable enough to wear them even if I do like the way they look. But I would love to get brave and wear them out with cute accessories too! Like head wraps and bows <3

Okie dokie now SKIN (the stuff that keeps your guts from falling out): I used to wash my face in the sink every single night to take off my makeup and use face cleanser like Clean and Clear and Neutrogena and only use facial lotion on my face. Well now I’ve gotten lazy and use makeup remover and just wash my face in the shower. We actually make our own makeup remover (thanks to Kandee Johnson) out of a half and half mixture of witch hazel and olive oil. I love it! Unfortunately I had to throw out a whole batch the other day because I wasn’t paying attention and put rubbing alcohol in instead of witch hazel. Yeah our eyes were the first ones to notice. And yes I’ve broken out all over my face because of that small incident. Haha. I’ve found one of the most important things for my skin in this dry weather is to keep it super moisturized. I actually just use regular body lotion (Queen Helene Cocoa Butter is my favorite!) 2x a day for my face now because it keeps my skin healthy and moisturized unlike face lotions. I honestly have not figured out a solution for acne. I just pop them, ice them, put benzoyl peroxide on, and conceal it til it’s gone. Oh but I love St. Ives "Apricot Scrub" to wash my face with every time I take a shower. And I have to admit I did use some fake tanner this summer. I couldn’t get tan or even sun burned no matter how hard I tried! I didn’t even wear sunscreen over 15 spf all summer. So I used Neutrogena "Build a Tan" and Jergens "Natural Glow".

Other stuff that eats up my time like a piggy eats pancakes: HAIR REMOVAL: Cheapo razors and shampoo. That is all.
EYEBROWS ( the fuzzy caterpillars that live above your eyes): I personally like my eyebrows thin and short. I trim them probably about once a week and pluck the living day lights out of them! Haha I also shave the ends off so I can make my eyes seem bigger and I can wear more eyeshadow (but that's a secret so don't tell anyone!).

So that's what takes so long! And I know there's more so I'll post more here as soon as I can remember!

Love,
#3 Delanie














No comments:

Post a Comment