Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Introduction: Meet Sister #1


Hello there!
 Welcome to our blog! My sisters and I created this blog as a place to showcase our respective unique fashion styles and share our new beauty finds.

We thought we'd start by introducing ourselves to you!

Sister 1: Parker


I'm a licensed cosmetologist, mother to a beautiful little girl, and an artist.
My personal fashion style is somewhat in flux currently. In the past, I could definitely be described as having "alternative" fashion sense (think goth, punk, etc.) but I've been trying to steer away from that and expand a bit. I tend to lean toward very minimalistic and simple outfits: casual, solid colors, monochromatic, little to no accessories. I'm looking to develop a more eccentric and exotic style, learn to use more accessories, patterns, and colors, and avoid the stereotypical "alt" look. I'd like to mature my look a bit as well, being that I'm a mother and approaching my mid 20's, I'd like to develop a bit more sophistication in my look.
I almost always wear mostly basic black. I really enjoy wearing olive green, charcoal grey, and burgundy.
I have done almost everything with my hair from wearing it shaved completely, to a tri-hawk, to knee-length dreadlock extensions, to wigs, and everything in between. It has almost always been black, but I have also experimented with blonde, purple, blue, and fire engine red. I just went from platinum blonde to a natural darkest brown. It is a long-ish pixie cut in the process of growing out from a short  tri-hawk.

I wear my nails simple and short. I have worn sport-length acrylics in the past when I could afford them, and really love the look with a french manicure. I've been experimenting with different nail art techniques lately, and have had good results with both water marbling and most recently trying out sponge gradient.

Shamefully, my current wardrobe essentials consist of:
A black nursing tank
Black yoga pants
Flip flops
A big black band t-shirt
A hoodie

Having not lost the baby weight yet, I am unable to fit into most of my favorite clothes and have sunk into a sort of sweatpant rut. I'm hoping to try to either lose the weight, or start buying a few new pieces of clothing here and there to spice my look up again.
I honestly have not been shopping in such a long time, I don't even know where to start. My big splurge in the past year was buying 2 nursing shirts from Momzelle during a sale, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. I would wear one every day if I had the means.

That's all the basics about me, sister #1! Stay tuned to meet the other 3 sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment